Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Is the world really going green?

This weekend I spoke at the annual Earth Day Expo at Oakland University. This event has grown from less than 1,000 people two years ago to an expected 7,000 attendees this year. Next year they're hoping to get 50,000. That's a big jump, but I bet they get there. With more and more in the media about 'going' green, it's the newest and greatest thing. But for many of the people attending and businesses exhibiting at the expo it is a way of life.

I love attending events like this and meet so many incredible people doing really cool things, small and large, and the best part is many are here in Michigan. That's what organic education is to me. A way of life. A philosophy. It's more than the next best thing. I'm convinced as the quality and quantity of our food systems deplete and chemical companies continue to pump out toxic cocktails for cleaning and beauty products, we will become a sicker, more nutrient-depleted, unhappy and sickly society. In my presentation I discussed how an organic lifestyle can benefit your health and community. Learn more about organics, the myths, how to read labels, and how to transition affordably and simply at my next presentation at the Green Street Fair. It's a great time to go organic! Hope to see you!

Sign up too for Pure Buzz eNews, to learn more about organics and organic products. Email me at heather@purealternatives.net to sign up.

No comments: